Join me as I travel across the US and south through Central America.

Green pins = been there
Blue pins = hope to visit

Do you have any favorite spots in this region of the world? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for visiting!



View Southbound 2010 in a larger map

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Malinalco to Tepoztlan, Mexico




The mountainous pine-forested region west of Mexico City is teeming with trout farms and waterfalls. Never one to pass up an opportunity for fresh seafood, we decided to stop and pick up some trout for dinner. After meeting the proprietor, his son volunteered to guide us to a local waterfall. A 10 minute dirt-road-drive led us to spectacular set of waterfalls, one of which is revered by locals for its image of the Virgin Mary at prayer (in the photos, the image is located above my hand in the falls.)

2 comments:

  1. This trip is becoming epic, man! Great posts as of late, hope you're doing well. I'm STILL stuck in Buenos Aires, computerless right now, and have been for half a month so I'm behind on projects and had to let a couple go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m pretty sure that you left out some of this story on this stop. But, I love the pics and we'll catch up soon holmes.

    ReplyDelete