Join me as I travel across the US and south through Central America.

Green pins = been there
Blue pins = hope to visit

Do you have any favorite spots in this region of the world? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for visiting!



View Southbound 2010 in a larger map

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Todos Santos and Ferry to Mainland Mexico

As I drove through the artist community of Todos Santos with my Ipod on shuffle, the Eagles’ Hotel California coincidentally started playing for the first time in weeks. Why is that a coincidence? Legend has it that the inspiration for the song is this little hotel in Todos Santos.

From Baja to mainland Mexico, I took a 12 hour ferry to Mazatlan on a 1200 person ship. During the passage, I met a Miami-based marine surveyor who was on board to inspect the vessel and attest to its sea-worthiness. Since he holds significant sway over the ship’s international safety certification, the entire crew knows him, and treats him like royalty. With my new friend, I met the ferry’s executives including the captain, first mate, and chief engineer and enjoyed a tour of the bridge, where they control the vessel.




No comments:

Post a Comment