Join me as I travel across the US and south through Central America.

Green pins = been there
Blue pins = hope to visit

Do you have any favorite spots in this region of the world? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for visiting!



View Southbound 2010 in a larger map

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tequila and Guadalajara








I finally left Sayulita and made my way inland. First stop: Tequila, a town recognized worldwide for producing the famous agave-distilled liquor. Just like Champagne in France, tequila is produced exclusively in the state of Jalisco in the area surrounding Tequila. After a brief stop to taste the local beverage and pick up some amazing reposado for the journey, I made my way to Guadalajara, the second most populist city in Mexico. Guadalajara, the state capital of Jalisco, is a hub of art and culture as well as being the birthplace of mariachi.


No comments:

Post a Comment